Delivering a sustainable, durable and inclusive recovery for Europe
A breakfast briefing to launch the Think2030 paper ‘Delivering a sustainable, durable and inclusive recovery for Europe’, written by the Aldersgate Group’s executive director Nick Molho.
The EU faces an extremely challenging set of circumstances. Beyond immediate health concerns, the impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown measures taken in response to it have seen EU GDP and employment go down by 11.4% and 2.7% respectively in the second quarter of 2020.
This paper takes the scientific, environmental and health arguments in favour of a green recovery and achieving climate neutrality by mid-century as a given. The paper focuses primarily on the additional economic and employment arguments that support the development of a recovery strategy that is aligned with the EU’s climate and environmental goals.
During the breakfast briefing, the author will be sharing the key findings of the paper and recommendations for policies within the 2030 time horizon and beyond, followed by remarks from high-level guests and questions from the audience.
Welcoming words and introduction of speakers – moderator Céline Charveriat (IEEP)
Presentation of the paper’s analysis and recommendations – Nick Molho (Aldersgate Group)
Eva Chamizo Llatas (Iberdrola)
Martin Casey (Cemex)
Reflections from MEP Dragoș Pîslaru (Renew Europe)
Questions from participants
Eva Chamizo LlatasIberdrola
- IEEP welcomes WiseEuropa to Think Sustainable Europe August 27, 2021
- Think Sustainable Europe welcomes three new members January 15, 2021
- Second Think2030 conference: Harnessing the European Green Deal to address the climate crisis November 9, 2020
- Europe’s recovery plans must pass five sustainability tests April 23, 2020
- Sirpa Pietikainen joins IEEP as Honorary Chair, announces Think 2030 March 2, 2018